Your privacy is important to The Steele Auto Group. Please review below and contact us should you have any questions. (referred to as “SAG” or "we" or "us" in this policy).
The purpose of this policy is to assure you that when you submit personal information to us we treat it with the utmost respect.
Your personal information is collected, used, disclosed and retained in an effort to serve you better. This includes use of your personal information to understand your needs and to offer products and services that meet those needs; respond to your inquiries; permit ongoing communication between you and The Steele Auto Group and the providers of the products and services you have purchased from us or through us.
The Steele Auto Group includes Steele vehicle dealerships, Steele collision centers and Dynamic Leasing (Legal Names: Steele Auto Group Limited, Steele Chrysler Plymouth Limited ,Steele Clearance Centre, Steele Ford Lincoln, Steele Hyundai, Steele Jaguar, Steele Chevrolet, Steele Mazda, Steele Subaru, Steele Volkswagen Limited, Land Rover Halifax, Volvo of Halifax, Porsche of Halifax, Steele Subaru, Halifax Chrysler, Audi Halifax, Colemans VW, Oleary Buick GMC, Fredericton Hyundai, Subaru of Moncton, Fairway Honda, City Chrysler).
Personal Information Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business email, business email address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also may not include your home address and home telephone number if they are published in a telephone, professional or business directory.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
When you obtain any products or services from us or with our assistance, including: a vehicle purchase, lease, finance, repair, maintenance, parts, rental, automotive detailing, or if you participate in one of our surveys, contests, or promotions, or submit a form on our website (www.steeleauto.com), or if you test drive one of our vehicles or contact our dealership staff, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number Email address and facsimile number
- Your vehicle preferences (e.g. preferred car size, type of vehicle, annual kilometres driven etc.)
- Information on your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in Details on your vehicle and its parts and service history
- Details on your vehicle collision history
- Details on your automotive detailing history
- Your driver's master number
- The license plate number
- The name of your insurance company and agent
- Your insurance policy number and details about your insurance coverage
- Similar information about other members of your family
- Your language preference
If you are applying for credit for your purchase we may collect:
- Your date of birth and the date of birth of your co-applicant
- Your employment information and employment information of your co-applicant
- Your social insurance number and the social insurance number of your co-applicant
- Financial and credit information about you and your co-applicant (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms)
- The principle amount of your loan, interest and repayment schedule
- Health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident insurance
- The amount of any life, health, disability or accident insurance and details of that insurance
- Customer surveys
Provision of your Social Insurance Number is optional. Please note however that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
How we may Use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used by us as permitted by law and to provide products and services to you including:
- to assist with the service and repair of your vehicle
- to arrange appropriate financing or leasing for your vehicle
- to confirm insurance
- to obtain a credit report
- to obtain a license or registration for your vehicle
- to rent a vehicle
- to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires parts, servicing and/or detailing
- to provide you with updates
- information and follow up regarding the product or service you have purchased or products and services we feel may be of interest to you.
Sometimes we have to Share your Personal Information with Others
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties as permitted by law, and as follows:
- to the manufacturer of your vehicle and its related companies
- the providers of products and services that you have purchased through us
- parties responsible for updates
- follow up and servicing of the product or service you purchased from us or through us
- credit reporting agencies
- financial and leasing companies
- your insurance agent or company
- insurance adjusters
- companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle and government licensing and registration agencies.
Disclosure to third parties shall not exceed your contact information and vehicle make and model unless necessary for the specific matter or transaction involved.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that you are still the owner of the vehicle, product or service we provided.
If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements as long as those arrangements are in place.
If the information relates to service or repair of your vehicle we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required by law.
We also retain your personal information to satisfy any potential legal obligations that may arise.
The Security of your Personal Information is Important to Us
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect personal information that you provide to us. We instruct our employees with access to your personal information that it is to be used only in adherence with the principles set forth in this policy.
At our website (www.steeleauto.com) we collect aggregate information and statistics from our website regarding unique visitors, length of time of visit, date of visit, bandwidth used, pages viewed and sites visited before and after leaving our site. Personally identifiable information is NOT linked to this information, such as name, address, email and telephone number.
You may submit personal information by completing one of the Steele Auto Group’s online forms. We have implemented security for our online forms to protect the personal information that you submit (i.e. SSL encryption).
Our website contains links to other sites, which are not operated by The Steele Auto Group. Please review carefully the privacy statements and other terms for such sites, which may collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
What can you do if you want to limit our use of Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information we collect is necessary for us to provide you with products and services as described in this policy. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way please contact our Privacy Officer as described in the "Question? Concerns?" Section of this document and we will be pleased to discuss how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can Request Access to or Destruction of Your Personal Information
If, for any reason, you wish to know the nature and extent of the Personal Information that concerns you and which are stored in our database, please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the purpose of your request and we shall see to reply within 30 days as provided by law. Should you thereafter wish that we delete parts of or all of said Personal Information, you may ask us to do so, with the understanding that this may affect our ability to provide you with information, products, or services that you may thereafter request from us.
Privacy Officer Contact Information
Telephone: (902) 454-3185
Fax: (902) 454-3865
Mail: 8 Basinview Drive, Dartmouth, NS, B3B-1G4